Our health is impacted by our jobs daily! And although stress is an issue, it isn’t the main factor. The core issues we are now facing is the sedentary lifestyle most full time workers have. Workers now commonly have jobs in cubicles, offices, corporate buildings, etc. These jobs keep us sedentary for the majority of our day from 5 hours-9hours a day sitting, slumping over, arching backs, squinting at the computer, and typing almost all day long!
Symptoms Commonly Faced Due To Office Jobs
- Muscle Spasms
- Neck Tension
- Carpal Tunnel
- Sciatica Pain
Don’t Jeopardize your Health!
With all these painful issues at risk, make sure to take the following steps to avoid pain and trauma to your body at all costs!
Don’t be too tense!
- Unnecessary tension can cause muscle spasms throughout your body!
- Have a fellow coworker keep an eye on your posture! At times you may not even notice when you are slouching over in your chair! Accountability is your friend!
- Purchase Easy Posture Lumbar Back Support for the office.
- If you really struggle with posture you might want to purchase a Posture Corrector! Try it! You’d be surprised how terrible your posture is, TRUST US!
Stop Carpal Tunnel Before it starts!
- Keep your wrist at a neutral wrist position
- Take frequent breaks from typing constantly
- Relax your wrists, don’t let yourself tense up!
- Exercise/ Stretch
- Wear a wrist splint
- Downsize your stress
- Look away from your screen! Use the 20-20-20 Rule. Every 20 minutes look 20 feet away for 20 seconds. Don’t strain your eyes! This causes headaches and poor vision!
Remember! Desk jobs aren’t the only jobs that can cause us to feel tension in our backs, shoulders, wrists, etc! There are many more issues that come into play with our patients that come in daily for Physical Therapy.