I've had 23 visits to Market Place Physical Therapy for a work-related injury. I'm so happy that I was sent there. With their help and guidance, recovery is achievable.
Physical therapy with Dr. Eric and his staff was my favorite part of recovery. They helped me through back to back surgeries for both of my hands for a work comp injury. I've been back at work for 3 weeks now and the pain has not returned.
Get Back to Work Faster with Physical Therapy
Anyone who has suffered from a work injury knows the mental and monetary stress that it can cause, especially if you are unsure how long your recovery period will be. It is no secret that work injuries can be limiting. That’s why it is so important to make sure you have a proper rehabilitation plan set in place to get you back to work as quickly as possible. If your work injury is impacting your ability to return to work or to perform at your full potential, contact Marketplace Physical Therapy & Wellness Center today to get started on your recovery.
Our Riverside, Corona, Chino, Redlands, and Beaumont, CA physical therapy practice plays a key role in helping people recover from their work injuries. Many treatment plans are covered under workers’ compensation insurance! Contact Marketplace Physical Therapy & Wellness Center to get relief from your work injury! Schedule a consultation today and find out how our specialized services can help you get back to work faster.
What work injury do I have?
There are various injuries that occur on the job. However, the 5 most common include:
- Sprains and strains. Sprains affect the ligaments in your body while strains affect the tendons. Both occur when stretched past their limitations. Sudden trauma, repetitive motions, and improper use of equipment are also the cause of a sprain or strain.
- Carpal tunnel syndrome. When the median nerve in the wrist becomes compressed, carpal tunnel syndrome occurs. This typically happens as a result of repetitive motions, such as assembly line work or excessive typing. According to Harvard Health, it is necessary to seek treatment for this condition as soon as possible, in order to avoid long-term nerve damage.
- Tendinitis. Excessive repetitive movements of the same body part(s) can cause tendinitis to develop. Symptoms typically include pain, swelling, and tenderness. This condition most commonly occurs in the shoulders, elbows, and knees.
- Back pain. The most commonly reported source of pain is back pain. Back injuries are typically caused by rotating or twisting your back the wrong way. This can develop from several work-related activities, such as sitting at a desk for the entire workday, putting too much force on your back, or repeatedly lifting heavy items.
- Auto accidents. There is always a risk of sustaining an injury from an automobile accident if you work in a job that requires the use of a vehicle. Work-related auto accidents can result in injuries ranging from mild cuts and abrasions to broken bones and severe whiplash.
What exactly is a work injury?
Any injury, ailment, or illness that is sustained while an employee is on the job is considered a work injury. Some occupations are at a higher risk of sustaining a work injury than others, especially if the environment is dangerous. For example, the fields of police work, nursing, and construction often obtain an increased risk of work-related injuries. However, even jobs that may not seem dangerous on the surface can still lead to pain or injury.
Office jobs can lead to harmful injuries in certain circumstances. For example: Sitting in the same position for prolonged periods of time can take a toll on your body. Those who have occupations in offices or factories are also commonly prone to repetitive motion injuries. Seek help immediately as soon as the injury occurs at work! Any injury left untreated can become more severe over time. According to MoveForwardPT, physical therapy is the most cost-effective option for treating a work injury.
Find relief with Marketplace Physical Therapy & Wellness Center:
Physical therapy is the most effective and successful treatment method for work injuries. Our Riverside, Corona, Chino, Redlands, and Beaumont, CA physical therapists are highly trained and equipped at performing the most advanced treatment methods for relieving pain, improving mobility, and promoting overall healing.
When you arrive for your initial consultation, our physical therapist will conduct a physical evaluation to determine the best treatment plan for your needs. Your individualized treatment plan will consist of targeted exercises and stretches, aimed at improving your function. Additional treatments may also include ice and heat therapy, or electrical stimulation, as our physical therapist deems fit.
Our physical therapist will also provide you with helpful techniques for proper performance while on the job, in order to avoid further injury in the future. Physical therapy is a natural, safe, and easy way to recover from your work injury. If you have sustained a work injury, contact Marketplace Physical Therapy & Wellness Center today to find relief. Being away from work is stressful – we want to help you get back on the job as fast as possible!