Returning to the Game: Effectively Treat Your Sports Injury with Physical Therapy
Sport injuries can happen to anyone. Whether you’re training for a competition or simply trying to improve your skills, Marketplace Physical Therapy & Wellness Center can help. We dedicate our time to help you recover from your sports injury as quickly as possible. If you are looking for relief for your sports injury, contact our Riverside, Corona, Chino, Redlands, and Beaumont, CA physical therapy practice today to schedule your consultation.
How do sports injuries develop?
Sports injuries can occur suddenly, such as one football player colliding with another. Sports injuries can also occur over time from repetitive motions, such as improperly lifting heavy weights at the gym or running in ill-fitted shoes.
Whether you rolled your ankle on the soccer field, swung your bat too aggressively on the baseball diamond, or strained your back while hiking your favorite trail, Marketplace Physical Therapy & Wellness Center can help you find relief. As soon as you begin feeling discomfort, don’t hesitate to contact us so we can help you recover as soon as possible.
Your recovery time and treatment plan will be dependent upon the severity of your injury, your health history, and whether or not the injury requires surgical intervention.
What sports injury do I have?
It is possible for any number of injuries to occur during athletic activity. However, the 4 most common sports injuries include:
- Sprains, Strains, or pulled muscles.
- Bones are connected to one another by ligaments and tendons. When a ligament is stretched beyond its limits, a sprain can occur.
- Your muscles and bones are connected by tendons. When a tendon is stretched beyond its limit, a strain or “pulled muscle” can occur.
- Knee injuries. Did you know your knee is the most complex joint in your body? Knee’s have the ability to accomplish numerous movement patterns, which increases risk of injury. Knee injuries may include a dull ache that runs from your hip to your knee, repetitive-use injuries that make it difficult to move your knee, or more severe injuries such as an ACL tear that may require intensive rehabilitation or surgical correction.
- Shin splints. Medial tibial stress syndrome, also known as shin splints, is a pain felt within the shin bones. This pain occurs when excessive stress is placed on the shinbone and the connective tissues surrounding it. Shin splints often leave you feeling debilitated and limited due to the harsh impact they have on your shins. To avoid this wear proper footwear, strengthen your core and leg muscles, and warm up before exercise.
Treating sports injuries with physical therapy:
Our 5 locations in the inland Empire have highly trained movement specialists! Visit any of our locations in Riverside, Corona, Chino, Redlands, and Beaumont, CA. At your initial appointment, our physical therapist will conduct a physical evaluation to diagnose the nature of your condition. In some cases, in order to determine the root cause of your pain your Physical Therapist will request diagnostic tests, such as an X-ray, ultrasound, or MRI.
Our Riverside, Corona, Chino, Redlands, and Beaumont, CA physical therapist will design an individualized treatment plan for you. We’ll take into account the nature of your injury, your lifestyle, your fitness level, and any health risks you may have.
Treatment plans typically consist of manual therapy, stretching, and strengthening exercises.
- Manual therapy – used to increase your range of motion and reduce scar tissue
- Stretches – used to improve balance and mobility
- Strengthening exercises – used to enhance the injured and surrounding areas
These are all done in order to help you recover after your sports injury. Not to mention, this helps prevent further injury from occurring in the future!
Contact Marketplace Physical Therapy & Wellness Center to secure your appointment today. We’ll get you on the path toward relief and recovery so you can return to the sport you love!