Foot and Ankle Pain Relief
The team here is so awesome! I go for physical therapy and Loren and his team rocks. They are very detailed and listen to you. This is my first time in physical therapy and I wish everyone could have the same experience I have with this gym. Thank for rehabilitating my foot.
Kicking Your Foot and Ankle Pain, Once and For All
Do you dread having to take the stairs, commute to work, or walk from the parking lot to your destination? When you think about it, we spend an incredible amount of time using our feet throughout the day. Because of this, foot and ankle pain can greatly hinder your daily life. Fortunately, you can find foot and ankle pain relief with physical therapy for any acute, chronic foot, or ankle pains you may be experiencing. To consult with one of our licensed Riverside, Corona, Chino, Redlands, and Beaumont, CA physical therapists and learn more about our services, contact Marketplace Physical Therapy & Wellness Center today!
Why does foot and ankle pain occur?
Your feet and your ankles are extremely complex structures of your body. In fact, the Arthritis Foundation states that the ankle joint consists of three bones that all must interact with one another correctly, in addition to the various connective tissues that hold the assembly of the joint together. In order to achieve optimum levels of function, they must work together in harmony at all times.
The foot is even more complex than the ankle. It is made up of two dozen bones, 30 joints, and over 100 muscles, tendons, and ligaments. Because the feet and ankles are so complex, injuries are common in these areas. These injuries cause limitations and put a damper on your daily life! At Marketplace Physical Therapy & Wellness Center, our goal is to fix those limitations.
Common causes of foot and ankle pain:
Foot and ankle pain typically develops from one of two reasons: a sudden injury or a chronic, underlying condition. Some of the most common causes of foot and ankle pain include:
- Sprains and strains. A sprain occurs when a ligament is stretched too far or is torn. while a strain occurs when a muscle or tendon is stretched too far or torn.
- Fallen arches. When the tendons pull together properly, your foot will form a proper arch. However, sometimes the tendons do not pull together properly, resulting in a very small arch, or no arch at all. This is referred to as “fallen arches” or “flat feet,” which can cause pain or discomfort over time.
- Fracture. Is a crack or break that occurs when excessive force or trauma is put on a bone. A fracture to the foot or ankle could result in weeks of downtime to ensure proper healing.
- Plantar fasciitis. Plantar fasciitis occurs when the connective tissue at the bottom of the foot becomes inflamed. The cause: Aggravated overuse, such as improper posture, constant standing, or footwear that lacks proper arch support.
- Tarsal tunnel syndrome. The tarsal tunnel is the nerve that runs from the ankle to the foot. When it becomes pinched or inflamed, tarsal tunnel syndrome occurs.
- Tendonitis. Occurs when the tendons are excessively overused, causing them to become inflamed for prolonged periods of time.
- Bursitis. Everyone has anti-friction sacs in their joints, known as the “bursae.” When tendons rub against these sacs, bursitis occurs.
- Arthritis. Arthritis is common and causes painful inflammation in the joints. Osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis are the two most common types of arthritis and both can greatly impact the foot and ankle joints, resulting in pain and decreased function.
Find relief with Marketplace Physical Therapy & Wellness Center:
Marketplace Physical Therapy can help get your foot and ankle pain, relief! Whether your pain is acute or chronic, our Riverside, Corona, Chino, Redlands, and Beaumont, CA physical therapy practice can help. At your initial appointment, one of our physical therapists will conduct a thorough examination in order to diagnose the root cause of your pain. Your treatment plan will be based on your diagnosis and your specific needs.
R.I.C.E treatments (rest, ice, compression, and elevation) are typical for the first few days, in order to make sure that any swelling subsides before your treatment plan begins. After that, you will begin more specialized treatments.
Chronic conditions will begin with specialized treatments based on the nature of the condition. Treatment plans will include targeted exercises and stretches in order to strengthen the foot and ankle muscles, improve balance, and restore joint mobility.
Our Riverside, Corona, Chino, Redlands, and Beaumont, CA physical therapist will focus on easing your pain and boosting your circulation, which may include recommending lifestyle changes or orthotic footwear, which can also prevent more problems from occurring in the future. At Marketplace Physical Therapy & Wellness Center, our goal is to provide holistic healing and pain management so you can get back to your optimum physical function, with a decreased risk of sustaining future injuries.
Find Foot and Ankle Pain Relief Today!
If you are looking to kick your foot and ankle pain, once and for all, contact us today. Our services will help improve your mobility, comfort, and overall function! Don’t waist any more days in pain!